August 8, 2007
Tweeter Center at the Waterfront
Opening Act: Toots and the Maytals
1. Two Step *
2. Loving Wings * (I Dream of Jeannie interpolation)
3. The Song That Jane Likes *
4. Crash Into Me * (Dixie Chicken outro)
5. #27 *
6. Corn Bread * (sent out to Dave’s niece “Maggie and her posse”)
7. The Maker * (Call to the Post interpolation)
8. Sweet Up and Down *
9. Shotgun *
10. Lie In Our Graves *
11. Anyone Seen The Bridge? *–> Too Much *
12. Jimi Thing * (“Shoo Fly, Don’t Bother Me” interpolation; For What It’s Worth outro)
13. So Much To Say *
14. Warehouse *+ (Linus & Lucy and La Bamba interpolations, salsa jam)
15. Ants Marching * (snare intro)
16. Gravedigger @
17. American Baby Intro * –>
18. All Along The Watchtower * (Stefan solo intro)
Entire show with Butch Taylor on keyboards except where noted
* Rashawn Ross
@ Dave solo
–> Indicates segue into next song
I went with Rob on a very hot, steamy, and sweaty day and night in early August. I drove my Mom’s Toyota Camry wagon.
This was a fantastic show! From the very old to the very new and not much in-between, DMB grooved the whole night on this hot and sweaty night in Camden, New Jersey.
“Two Step” was an outstanding opener, as we entered the gate, hot and sweaty, along with everybody else, trying to find a good place to sit on the lawn. “Loving Wings” followed, and was a pleasant and enjoyable treat. “Crash Into Me” once again, still sounded beautiful, even though I hear it almost at every DMB show.
The new songs “#27”, “Cornbread”, “Sweet Up and Down”, and “Shotgun” sounded really good and tight. I’m really looking forward to when they will finally record them on a studio album.
Boyd Tinsley’s solo in “Lie in Our Graves” was amazing and practically stole the show!
Other highlights included “Too Much”, an excellent “Jimi Thing”, and a brilliant “Warehouse”. DMB would end the set with a superb version of “Ants Marching”.
The encore began with a solo performance by Dave on “Gravedigger”. This was the first time I heard this song live and in person before and it was beautiful. However, my favorite songs of the night would come with “American Baby Intro” and “All Along the Watchtower”, where the passion and emotion of Dave’s screams in both songs left me breathless! All in all, this was a very wonderful show from a very special and wonderful band.